The Executive Director is a key management leader of Recovery Café Clark County (RCCC). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Key or Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading RCCC in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Work in collaboration with the Finance Director in establishing the annual budget in such a timely manner and to allow the Finance Director to submit the annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors by November 1 of the respective calendar year.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of RCCC, to include compliance with the proposed annual budget developed by the Finance Director & Board of Directors.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for working with RCCC Board and RCCC Advisory Board members to fundraise and developing other resources necessary to support RCCC’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of RCCC’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that RCCC can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of RCCC’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of RCCC operations.
- Responsible for developing a hiring committee to include at least one board member to interview applicants.
- Responsible for retention of competent, qualified staff.
Education and Experience: Executive Director Positions typically require a job related Bachelor’s degree; and/or a combination of experience and specialized training which includes a minimum of one (1) year of experience within the assigned area. A certificate of completion from CCAR Recovery Coaching Academy and Ethics training is also required.
Knowledge of: The principles and practices The Recovery Café Network and the Recovery Cafe Model. Knowledge of community resources and events involving recovery from behavioral health issues. Knowledge of SUD and mental health peer services and Recovery Coaching.
Ability to: Effectively plan, direct, and delegate program components; assign, supervise and evaluate the work of subordinates and volunteers; delegate responsibility and authority to carry out directives of the Board of Directors in an effective and timely manner; write clear and concise reports, memoranda, and letters; analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and formulate recommendations; utilize various PC applications at an advanced level; interpret and explain policies, procedures, laws, and regulations; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Café staff and volunteers, the public, and more importantly Café Members. Must have the ability to work as a team member.
Other Special Requirements: Some positions require a valid driver’s license and a successful criminal background check as required by law.
- Create a monthly work plan, track progress and report to the Board.
- Oversee operation of annual budget as developed by the Board.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serve as RCCC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the County and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance RCCC’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the RCCC throughout the County and State.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Working with Board and Advisory Board members on strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Facilitate at least one Recovery Circle per week and be willing to fill in for absences of other facilitators when available.
- Provide accurate up to date notes for Circles to the identified coordinator.
- Participate in Recovery Circle staffing meetings.
Work is typically performed in an office and Café setting with variations in temperature and noise levels, but work may also include field work and travel to meeting, training/seminars, and various public events to include evening meetings and as a result a valid driver’s license may be required. Environment includes volume and temperament of people encountered in the course of work. Essential tasks involve reading and review of written documents and the use of personal computer software applications; oral communications both in person and via telephone. Most positions involve a high activity level and pace, competing time demands and may involve interaction with dissatisfied or angry customers. Light lifting and stamina are standard elements, which can be accommodated if necessary. Essential tasks typically include typing/keyboard skills, phone usage, reading, speaking, and listening.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com
Download the PDF Here: